View Single Post
Old 2007-01-15, 15:30   Link #553
Kageitenshi
Meep meep, I'm a creep

Send a message via ICQ to Kageitenshi Send a message via MSN to Kageitenshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
I don't know about Suigintou and Rozen. I simply refuse to believe that he organized and planned out the entire beginning of Suigintou's life. That's too extravagant of an idea for me to comprehend. It's been shown that Rozen likes to take a "hands off" approach to the dolls' lives; he sits back and watches how things play out. If he had the ability to manipulate Suigintou so much, why didn't he manipulate the other dolls to just fight as soon as they were all created?
Something I dedicated an essay worth text to point out on page 24

Anyhow, since the discussion has moved on to what I had actually first posted; a couple theories and speculations on the Träumend thread concerning the nature of the Rosa Mysticae and Rozen's relation to the Alice game. A couple points however are outdated, since it was kindly noted later that Barasuishou didn't actually seem to have a Rosa Mystica to begin with. And Kirakishou's still a mystery when it comes to the anime. Darned wish I could get the manga.

What of the fact that the dolls know who they are and which # they are, I'd think it's heavily related to the belief that even inanimate objects can have a spirit or even soul. According to this belief items that are held dear by their owner can "absorb" these feelings and eventually come to possess something of a personality. Something like that living doll episode in Love Hina or like the vengeful dolls in one episode of Amaenaideyo. The relation here is ofcourse none other than the belief that dolls are most easily affected, since they are usually very dear to their owners! Rozen is seen talking to the maidens, so even if they're not yet animated, they're likely to pick up the feelings and words conveyed to them.

I don't think this belief is limited to Japanese mythology only, is it?

There ought to be a thread solely for this kind of debate concerning theories and speculations, since having pretty much the same discussion split on both Träumend and Ouvertüre threads is a bit annoying.
Kageitenshi is offline   Reply With Quote