View Single Post
Old 2007-08-26, 15:01   Link #75
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney72 View Post
natsuki is A ok, coz i think she was made to be liked and is totally cool but, im all for someone who doesnt care about what people think.. even if her grammar is wrong.. hehehehe

Natsuki's grammer is wrong? Don't you mean Suzuhiro Haruka? Natsuki is quite the intelligient person and her Keigo is just considered "blunt" but it doesn't mean it's a grammer issue. In fact, a lot of people have misconceptions of Kuga Natsuki. Having been partly reared in a lab facility, she would be exposed to plenty and in "Natsuki's Prelude" which is a mini-novel and backstory of Natsuki herself, it explains that she never gave any of her teachers any reason to complain when it came to her grades. Aside from her extreme absences, she did very well with her exams. Also, her backstory explains that her father was, being an import/export manager, used to take Natsuki with him whenever he traveled the world. And she loved camping with him. Having traveled a lot, she's attained a lot of worldy wisdom.

There's a translation of Natsuki's Prelude somewhere, but if you read Japanese, then I suggest you purchase a copy of both volumes of the Mai Hime animation books. They are about the size of standard manga but it's basically a guide to the series and contains data on each of the characters. it also include Character Model Sheets and and episode synopsis.

The bonus feature is that it contains that backstory I mentioned, called "Natsuki no Prelude" and it gives valuable insight to Natsuki's past, how and when she awakened as a Hime, her early friendship with Shizuru and "why" Shizuru decided to run for "SetoKaichou."

Volume 1
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E8%88%9E-HI...158286&sr=8-33

Volume 2
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E8%88%9E-Hi...158286&sr=8-33

Anyhow, if you really like Natsuki, you'll like her even more when you read her backstory ^_-.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼