View Single Post
Old 2016-10-06, 19:36   Link #82
Father Hentai

Mirage development is to open her heart. Plain and simple. When she opened her heart the first time, she had to face Hayate who was pointing at his gun at her in his VF. There was some desperation in her but this strong emotion allowed her to foresee his move and was able to use some fold power.

In the last episode when she truly confessed, she has "awoken" (she had a purpley shining around her also) and is now the second person to tap into fold without going berserk through var. This makes second pilot being able to use fold boost and makes her again superior in terms of fighting skills compared to Hayate. But when they fly it's not about who is more superior but to fly together. Since both their planes were fold boosted, her development has completed. She syncs with both Hayate and Freyjas song, making Hayate and herself Freyjas wings.

Now it seems the development path is a bit reversed with her. She had reached everything basically in her career and the small thing that missed was heart.

And I would go that far that she is already an ace pilot after Messer. I would not consider Hayate an ace pilot until the last episodes but due to most of his training with Mirage he caught up quite good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTerror View Post
My reasoning behind her not having much growth is because of Herman's comment on her flying in one of the later episodes (when they were tried by the Windermere court). He basically told her that she still wasn't flying well, and that was a "wtf" moment for me.
Actually Herman made a compliment. Hermann said, she already flies good but with a clear mind, she would fly like Keith, or other who can use fold boost/wind. There aren't much humanoids who can use the wind who aren't windermere, berserk or like Hayate.