View Single Post
Old 2012-04-10, 13:02   Link #2464
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
There are mods that affect gameplay, ones that make damage more realistic (e.g. arrow to the head? you dead.) and mods that change how mobs scale. I haven't tried any of them though.
The locational damage mods make playing a stealthy archer actually worth it. Even with the best bows and arrows and all the archery sneak attack talents, it's still really hard to pull off a one-hit-kill with archery in this game.

Add the headshot mods and suddenly the bow becomes a deadly weapon--in both your hands and the hands of your enemies.

I went into Skyrim wanting to play a sniper, but unlike Fallout 3/NV I had a hell of a time killing enemies in one shot from a distance, even with zoom/bullet-time powers and lots of archery buffing potions and equipment. In the end I just switched to backstab and stacked gear, potions and enchantments to the point where my backstabs would one-shot any enemy in the game, including elder dragons, dwarven humongous mecha, draugr deathlords and dragon priests. They were hitting for some crazy amount of damage, well over 2000 per backstab.