Thread: Da Capo II
View Single Post
Old 2007-05-08, 23:29   Link #29
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
As for myself, a D.C. II anime would have to AT LEAST satisfy the people who hated the way D.C.S.S. goes, since the ending is canonical in terms of D.C. II (and any other way we could not have D.C. II without a logical explaination).
I'm a bit confused by this... what do you mean? D.C. II takes place some 50 years later after the ending of D.C.S.S., so what needs to be done to "satisfy" the disgruntled fans now? It's all ancient history.

In general (not directed at anyone in particular), since this is going to come up endlessly for the next year, my comment would be that people should just let it rest already. D.C.S.S. did what it did for a storytelling reason (the fact that Junichi couldn't end up with Kotori or Aisia was the whole point all along), but it's all over now. D.C. II is a totally different story, with a different theme, different characters (for the most part), and a very different plot progression. It won't and can't be like D.C.S.S. Nanaka is not much like Kotori, nor are Otome or Yume copies of Nemu. I just think it's sort of pointless to dredge up that bitterness now, since it has pretty much nothing to do with D.C. II (or other romantic dramas for that matter).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote