Thread: Licensed Kaguya-sama wa kokurasetai
View Single Post
Old 2022-11-06, 16:39   Link #4548
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post

Going in detail with Souma would physically hurt me. Those who suffered through all of it, including me, still knows the pain.
With Souma the big issue was that they lost their culinary consultant due to her going on maternaty leave as I heard.

As for dscussion above, Aka probably just got tired of Kaguya. Looks OnK is something he is more interested personally.

As for endings in general, I agree with Lex79: so-so ending can sour the whole impression but it is better when no ending.

Though, I find it the worst when author could end the story long ago but keep dragging it as they fear their potential new work won't sell. Some authors can make a long story, but in majority of cases they don't. Everyone could name a bunch of examples.

Mine was "Unbalance x Unbalance". Pretty good manhwa about student - teacher relashionships made by the famous authour (the one who made "Kurokami", "Freezing" and a bunch of other popular gruesome ecchi battle series). The manga was really good for like 6 volumes. Then author decided he goes to fast and started unnecesarily dragging the story for the next 3 volumes or so. Then there were rumors of anime being green lit. Then some issues with the artist came up and it went on hiatud for like 1.5 or 2 years and the author had to abruptlty finish the story in 10 chapters with a new artists team Japanese editor managed to assemble. That was a real pity for me.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2022-11-07 at 03:56.