Thread: Crunchyroll Saki
View Single Post
Old 2009-08-12, 19:41   Link #2075
SeaDoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I don't know... I kind of find the comedic aspect of taking a tabletop game and blendering it with a sports anime motif and a 'moe-moe' overload to be entertainingly hilarious.
I wholehearted agree. Considering all the aspects of this series, generic sports story line, inane sports color commentary, characters designed to appeal to a wide assortment of fetishes, and a story revolving around a table game that is difficult to follow for the uninitiated, this series is wonderfully entertaining. My congratulations to the production staff for creating a series that exudes such a strong feeling of fun. Where else could the summoning of the 4Fs (feet, fun, family and friendship) be used to battle a dark princess of moe?

Also worthy of note is the inspired translations in episodes 18 and 19. To the person(s) who dreamed-up "What devilry is this? Those knaves' visages holds nary a trace of defeat’s color." I am certain you giggled yourself to sleep that night.
And in the same spirit of "People die when they are killed" we have the gem of "If I keep winning I will not lose!"

Thank you Saki production team and translators for this entertaining series.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote