View Single Post
Old 2011-04-22, 08:23   Link #101
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nera Sleith View Post
Oh no. Riko haven't killed anyone at all. The "Butei Killer" is a misleading stigma branded by the government to Riko. Instead, what she's doing was more like a "Butei Kidnapper". She's recruiting members for EU just like how Jeanne kidnaps Shirayuki in volume 2. This isn't surprising since Riko is the most ambitious one and wanted to become stronger more than anyone else in EU, so she'll recruit any powerful people as much as possible.

Remember the line that Aria said in v3c2? If the government learned the involvement of someone in EU, they will be treated the same as dead. So in short, Riko had managed to recruit some people via "abduction", which in turn the government made it looked like the people she abducted dead because they involved themselves in EU (branding Riko as "Butei Killer"). This also kept the government's reputation because they didn't want the public to know of Buteis joining a criminal organization.

I also think that why the government made Kinji's brother as a scapegoat is because it is one way of countering the possibility of the traitor Butei going back to society. They kinda forced them into hiding since there will be no good life waiting for them if they go back and thus it kept the fact that they were still alive concealed.

Spoiler for v6-7:
Ah I see....never read vol 1. Only have 5-8 with me.

Government agents appear to be scary. Like I don't know how they would fare against E.U or something. We haven't really seen the military at work yet no? If Butei alone are that level already..

Also....Cao Cao uses a freaking Desert Eagle....gods that is like a hand rifle. Given how strong the main cast are, it's surprising no one else uses it.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-04-22 at 08:44.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote