View Single Post
Old 2012-03-19, 19:35   Link #8
myopius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie97 View Post
Romance, drama, horror, psycological, tragedy. I want them all in one anime :3
I think that the combination you're looking for is far from impossible. Any good horror anime will probably have a psychological component too, assuming the characters are any good. And horror often necessitates drama. Tragedy is quite common as well in horror. I approached the query by thinking of anime that combined romance and horror and were somewhat cathartic.

Blue Gender is one. I get the feeling I recommend it a lot, but it's a really good old anime and it does fit all of romance, drama, horror, psychological, and tragedy.

I'm watching Another, so my instinct was to answer that one as well. Looks like someone already covered it, as I expected.

Of the anime everyone else recommended that I've watched, I personally see Elfen Lied and Another as fitting all the categories. Edit: Oh, and Umineko. I somehow forgot about servants' romances.

Chaos;Head is a bit weak on the tragedy, but I think it also fits your criteria. Oh, regarding Chaos;Head, there's an anime, but the visual novel is in my opinion far better, if you're open to trying out visual novels.

Quote:
Something worth shedding a tear for. Something that will shock me. Something that will scare me.
If you put it like this, I would have to recommend Elfen Lied above all else, assuming you haven't seen it already. Elfen Lied even has comedy, which makes it all the more intense of an experience.

Last edited by myopius; 2012-03-19 at 19:52.