View Single Post
Old 2012-11-26, 13:36   Link #191
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
3 Azuna, never tries her wings to fly at all.. she should of been able to practice flying than jump and activate her wings lower to the ground. But no she never even tries. Again that awful Hollywood Drama I hate it with a passion. Keep Hollywood drama out of anime it just plain sucks.
She was kind of trying to be stealthy. Even if she knew that her wings could make her fly (and she had any inclination of how to use that game system, which she doesn't), don't you think that she's a lot more likely to be noticed if she's the only object flying around in the area? (Particularly given that she doesn't know how to control it, so she wouldn't exactly be good at it.)

We know that system admins can teleport people because the scientists told us so. So flying away was never a sensible option in the first place.

I think this isn't "awful Hollywood Drama", it's sensible decision-making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakou View Post
Pff imo that scene took away from the credibility of the story. It didn't provide any interesting insight, all it did was display botched, poorly-thought out characters. The villains are caricatured and grotesque. The author really dropped the ball in this part with Sugou and the others.
I guess there are other things they could have done with the scientists rather than being also corrupt and following orders. For example, they could have had one of them be conflicted about it. Perhaps there's another opportunity for something to come of it, but I'm supposing probably not in the interest of time.

In general, I agree that the villains in this arc are more plot devices than real characters. But there are still interesting concepts being raised despite the "cartoony" villains.