View Single Post
Old 2012-08-13, 20:57   Link #75
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
All this time, I just realized that having Obito's eye wouldn't necessarily mean that Tobi is Obito, just as a Shroedinger's paradox could possibly leave Kakashi to be Obito himself with the same eye (Highly unlikely, probably improbable, but for the point of theoretical argument, just let me roll with it)...But I'm also not really convinced that Tobi is Obito, even with the implication the memories are supposed to serve, since Tobi had intimate knowledge to pass for a Madara persona, and we now know Tobi isn't Madara either...Could even just be chalked up to psychological warfare, using whatever facts known about Kakashi against him to mentally unnerve him, since it's not like Kakashi's life after that incident was a secret...

Whereas people like Naruto and Sasuke have their symbolic connections to the Sage of Six Path's two sons, I almost feel cynical enough to believe that in the end with all personas stripped away, Tobi really should be, for all practical reasons, nobody...Just like he said; No connections to any pre-existing people, not even the identity of a pre-existing person, nothing...Might undermine his motives and knock him down a slight notch in the threatening level, but of all the lies Tobi went on in the past, this truth would seem the most interesting to me...

That aside, I wonder what would prevent Tobi from hiding in the void for longer than 5 minutes...Probably isn't good for his health, like staying around a black hole for any measurement of time, I guess...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote