View Single Post
Old 2013-04-04, 10:36   Link #71
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Show a little respect for the big turkey, son...

As for new dinos, I'd suggest the Deinocheirus - it has some VERY impressive arms and since that's the only part of it that was ever dug up, the animators can't be blamed if later on a more complete skeleton is unearthed and it'd look nothing like the movie version. XD

The underwater dinosaur? No, I'm not putting much stock into it - the InGen engineers only bred land animals for the park and had very mitigated successes with pterosaurs (in the Jurassic Park novel, Arnold -or was it Muldoon?- commented that the pterosaurs were so territorial they had to be confined in a giant birdcage [seen in JP3] and were pretty much left alone because they kept attacking the workers). So sea animals? This isn't Jaws, this is Jurassic Park (the government officials from Costa Rica would probably have a heart attack at the news of a Mosasaur stalking the waters near its coastline - they already had their hands full in the Lost World novel with the diseased carcasses washing up on their shores AND reports of escaped dinos [see the end of the JP novel] making their way deep inside the jungle, ransacking crops as they went further north).

One "exotic" genus they could introduce would be the Carnotaurus from the Lost World novel. In that book,
Spoiler:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2013-04-04 at 10:48.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote