View Single Post
Old 2011-09-05, 18:04   Link #24209
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
I think it's quite reasonable to assume that this is what happened on those two days in 1986 from Eva's perspective...that it's actually the same truth that is in Eva's diary. It's just presented through someone who is ot interested in a sensible, emotional ending...just in drawing the most cruel solution out of those events. This has always been presented through Bernkastel, but would also be fitting for many witch hunters...because let's admit it, many of us here are very much the same.
The idea that the tea party could be in truth that was written in Eva's diary is interesting. If eva wrote it shor after the incident took place she was likely pretty bitter toward Kirye and Rudolf and have no love for them at the memont.

Also she might have not known their side of the story.

In short her truth is biased, even though it can be sort of factually accurated. It's kind of like Kinzo's truth in Ep 7... he presents himself as a guy who was correct and not interest in the gold but in the tea party it's implied he might have been the one suggesting to steal the gold.

If we believe what'sa said in tea party Kinzo's truth contained some truth, there was the gold, a riot between Italians and Japanese ensued, he and Beatrice survived, but the heart of the people was different.

His superior office wasn't so evil and greedy, though he might have not liked him and honestly believed he was evil and greedy, which is why he described him as such. As well he could have removed the idea of suggesting to steal the gold due to the trauma of seeing so many people die.

In the same way Eva might be telling the truth as she see it.
She didn't mean to shot at Natsuhi but maybe she was pointing the gun at her, she was nervous, perceived a movement of Natsuhi as an aggression and shot point blank at her, killing her. Krauss more or less met the same end.

Rosa wasn't so mean, she panicked because she viewed the thing as Eva and hideyoshi killing people for what looked like no good reason and maybe started threatening people with her weapon.

Eva, who was under shock and didn't really mean to kill anyone, viewed her behaviour as her being mean.

Kirye might have seen in them all a danger and shot at the three of them then, in order not to be arrested, might have decided to cover up everything getting rid of witnesses and bodies with the bomb.

I'm making up this as I write so it's likely an explanation full of holes, but it's a possible alternate explanation that don't deny Eva's truth, just it's heart.

I've to work out why Kirye and Rudolf would have massacred everyone else, maybe they still felt threatened by the fact they could spoke against them... anyway this is just the embrion of a theory, not a real theory so don't be too cruel with it, okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
So I'd assume that this is just a metaphorical scene that leads up to the metaphorical meeting between young Ange and BATTLER in the meta-chapel. She is devastated after people around her have confronted her with the "Rudolph/Kyrie culprit theory" and so she reverts back to a little girl who wants nothing more than her big brother to comfort her.
I think Ange is the representation of Battler's guilt.
He didn't save Ange's parents, he didn't return to her, if he were to tell her the truth it would be an unpleasant truth. Still he understand Ange might wish for all those things because likely a side of him had wished for them as well.

Ergo if Toya can come to an agreement with himself as in: okay, someone I loved killed someone else I loved but now they're death and telling the truth would only hurt more the people involved (Nanjo's and the servants' parents would be informed their relative kept Kinzo's death hidden... I think it's a crime... Ange would know her parents were directly involved in a murder... it's not something good to know) so let keep it for myself he still have some troubles to swallow it and to accept that others would swallow it.

For Ange it must be troublesome not to know the truth, likely she wanted to know it but how could he tell her?

So there's that whole meta about Battler insisting is more important to remember the good sides of his relatives instead than the drama.

It's what he wants to do and what he hopes Ange will do, though likely Ange isn't really present with him. It's just a meta happening in his head, another battle between his wish to let the truth be known and the wish to keep it hidden and possibly forget it, mixed with his guilt and worry for Ange.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote