Thread: Crunchyroll Choyaku Hyakuninisshu : Uta Koi.
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-03, 17:50   Link #20
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I was surprised that the 2 stories are not full of drama and angst ( I have this mentality that a forbidden love set in the ancient times never ends well). It's actually quite light-hearted, not too heavy....
Read some Tale of Genji. The Heian period was not like other "ancient times." Liaisons were fairly common, it appears.

Actually, I could do with some more drama here, myself. But I believe the manga treats everything in a light and rather arch way.

The animation didn't bother me. I admired the way they could produce something lovely on the cheap. The unmoving patterns on clothing I got used to in Gankutsuou. The way they drew Narihira's body was good.

Anther problem I have is that so far, I haven't encountered a character I really liked. Narihira's self-satisfied smirk puts me off. I even found the wonderful Hayami Saori's voice somewhat harsh here as his lover. Yukihira was a bit of a nonentity, and his wife had a fake expression. I wonder if her story will continue.... She's played by Kobayashi Sanae, however, which is a good thing. And Narihira is played by Suwabe Junichi, which is a wonderful thing.

But I am happy to have a show set in Heian times. Unfortunately, maybe we are getting a bit of the true shallowness of that age, which great literature like the Genji helps me gloss over.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-07-03 at 19:12.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote