View Single Post
Old 2011-10-20, 15:36   Link #1900
Yamiken
Philosophos Basileus

Send a message via MSN to Yamiken
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
As far as Shirley if she lived...I think she would have joined the Black Knights despite some awkwardness at the start. I got the impression she was willing to join Lelouch in whatever he was trying to accomplish when she followed him into the danger zone. While she was more focused on helping Lelouch as a person at that time, I think she could come to see the Black Knights as a group who stands for the greater good, or at least put aside any reservations about them for his sake. But at the same time, its hard to say that for sure considering she is Britannian, and for the other reasons you stated, most importantly that their attack unintentionally resulted in her father dying. That's actually a hard topic to get a solid conclusion on for those very reasons...but Shirley's philosophy on life that "nothing is unforgivable" makes me feel like her being a Black Knight could have possibly worked.
Hm, you do have a good point. There is a more practical consideration, though - how would she have been able to join the Black Knights and remain close to Lelouch without people growing suspicious of their relationship? After all, most of the Black Knights still didn't know Lelouch's true identity until Schneizel spilled the beans in that hideously selective manner of his. If this girl joins the Black Knights and suddenly is thick as thieves with Zero, how long before someone other than Kallen wonders how they know each other so well? C.C. is all very well since she's a mystery anyway; but if anyone went sniffing after Shirley, it wouldn't be long before they came across Lelouch Lamperouge, who oddly enough also happens to (supposedly) be Rolo's elder brother... it would complicate things, is what I'm saying. Possibly Lelouch would've decided it safer for them only to meet outside the Black Knights - though that, on the flipside, would likely limit their time together. Tricky.

On a slightly different note, if she did join the Black Knights, what do you think her role would've been? Everyone thinks of Shirley as 'the normal girl who's just there to be female', but if you think about it, she might actually be quite useful to them. She's not stupid, after all, and moreover her swim club activities seem to show that she's quite athletic. And since that seems to be one of the main factors for determining proficiency with a Knightmare Frame (just look at Suzaku and Kallen), that could actually make her pretty skilled at it - hard though it is to think of Shirley in a Knightmare Frame. XD But then, would she have the stomach for combat? It's not really in her nature, after all... what are your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
It's okay! Haha, they are Jasdevi (Devit and Jasdero) from D.Gray-Man. I've had this sig for so long, but I love it too much to change anytime soon. <3
Ahh, I see. That'd be why I didn't recognise them at once, then; never watched or read that series. Oh well, they look pretty... fun, heh.
Yamiken is offline   Reply With Quote