View Single Post
Old 2009-01-25, 20:25   Link #197
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
The romantic relationship is not there as it has no romantic perception. When there will be - then the relationship can be called romantic. It is not even confusing relationship for either of them, meaning that it really is what it is - a bond between two similar spirits. But it is not a romance.
...That's pretty much what romance is, especially when viewed from a female perspective.

And we all know that the original author is a woman.

I'd personally classify Toradora as shoujo rather than shonen/seinen, even with its male protagonist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
meh, a lot of people are saying that this show is going through "Give Taiga more screentime" Syndrome. which i agree with. There are better characters in this show than her..
And rather unfortunately for your viewpoint, Taiga is a title character and thus is going to draw a lot of the focus anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvenya View Post
I think what you're referring to is companionate love. I'm not quite certain what Darknemo2000 is upset about though. I don't believe that the type of love one is in has to remain the same, nor do I see a problem with it changing suddenly as long as it's believable. Thus friendship can change into companionate love and then into consummate love(romance being a part of this type) like it did in the anime Lovely Complex.
And that is very probably what is going to happen here.