View Single Post
Old 2012-10-02, 01:10   Link #105
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
never said that everything in the manga can be passed as a metaphor. i guess this is the point in the discussion when you have little options left aside form putting words in my mouth.
So why are you trying to pass what was said in Ch 560 off as a metaphor, when it's clearly not one? And I don't believe I could fit any words in your mouth as seems to be completely filled by your foot at the moment.

Quote:
what i am saying is that old madara being alive right now proves his words to be false when he said he died shortly after achieving rinnegan. there are 2 resolutions: 1)metaphor 2)10 years isn't that long for an old person. take your pick. dislike both options? too bad for you
Too bad for me , as if I'm the only person who's ever brought up this contradiction ... Too bad for the readers who pay attention. What we have is a plot hole. Why is Madara still alive to rehabilitate Obito if he is supposed to have died shortly after gaining the Rinnegan? Why did he leave these eyes with young untrained boy in a war torn country? Why not keep the eyes until his death and raise Nagato himself? Nagato could have been killed by Orochimaru or Hanzo. Why did Madara allow Nagato to be influenced by Jiraiya?

This is a big gap in the flow of the story's logic that needs to be explained by the author. However, I'm sure you will disagree with me just for the sake of disagreeing with me.

Quote:
but if you look at the full context of the manga as a whole, then a metaphor fits perfectly. old madara thinks of himself as 'dead' and said it in a couple different ways to obito already as i pointed out to you earlier
Madara was just summoned back from the dead by Kabuto prior to 560. In the context of Edo Tensei, the metaphor does not 'fit perfectly'. A character must be literally, not figuratively, dead to be reanimated in Edo Tensei form.

Quote:
because uchihas aren't known for fooling people with genjutsu or anything like that...
The issue is not whether Uchihas have used genjutsu before, but whether Kisame was placed under a genjutsu to see Madara's face rather than Obito's. Such an event never took place in manga. I prefer to base my conclusions on facts rather than fabrications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
10 years out of such a long life would seem like a 'short' time, especially to someone that seems to have been living his life trying to preserve himself and hating the world and all that.
I don't think 10 years would be a short time, even to a 90 year old. A lot can be accomplished in 10 years.

Quote:
-Also, with all the debating going on, I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. You keep drawing the comparison between characters like Hinata and Tobi, when they aren't really all that comparable IMO. Like I mentioned in my previous post, character appearances, whether hairstyle or clothing, really only change in anime/manga to symbolize something, to show time has passed or any other important reason. Hinata, and the other Konoha 11, changed their clothes/hairstyles once and even then, I believe at one point Kishi said it was a way to show Hinata was growing.
And time cannot pass for Obito? He cannot grow as a character? We already know that he has some kind of identity crisis going on, perhaps more so than any other character in the manga. He's called himself Obito, Tobi, Madara, and Nobody. He's worn three different masks. He's swapped out his eyes. You're right, he's not that comparable to Hinata and the others. Obito has much more of a reason to change his hair.

Last edited by Hiking_Bear; 2012-10-02 at 01:32.
Hiking_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote