View Single Post
Old 2008-08-15, 20:58   Link #13992
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Well, to be honest I rarely understand them myself as well, Suzaku is the biggest brick wall I've ever met since, well, ever. Shirley was very typical and easy to get through until a certain point where everything just got jumbled up together due more to circumstances then anything else. Rivalz and Milley never had that problem... still Lelouch relies too much on logic and reasoning when in this case it doesn't necessarily answer to that, instead relying on emotions and feelings. More then anything, I think it isn't about controlling his friends now as it is him trying to push them out of his world in many respects in order to pursue his agenda uncompromisingly, while at the same time I think he thinks of himself as a plague that would just cause them more harm then good. Unfortunately, what he has to learn is you can't just ignore one aspect of your life in favor of another, the world just doesn't answer to your whims in that regard, you have to find a way to incorporate them in together.
This seems to agree with but elaborate on my point. But I don't think Lelouch's problem is being overly logical when it comes to his friends, but rather letting his protective and caring emotions override what's clearly right in front of him. It's not that he erased Shirley's memory or wanted to keep her out of his business because it was a calculated move of logic; it's that he really cared for her and wanted to keep her safe from the "plague" that is the danger of being near him, as you put it.