View Single Post
Old 2013-09-25, 16:19   Link #2356
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
I'm sure you went to school and they taught you how to read english.
How good is either of our commands of the English language? I don't think you want to go there.

Quote:
As you noticed, my answer too, can be brash.

If in the case you -who knows- do not understand what my first line mean I will quote myself even if I don't like to do so :
Three cases in three years, that I remembered off the top of my head. And you still think we're safer now than in the late 80s?

The truth of the matter is that computers today involve a lot more money and data, and a lot more people than it used to. That means a larger talent pool of crooks, more motivated, for they share a much larger pie. That means that information systems have to be idiotproofed for a larger quantity of idiots, who think "password" is a perfectly adequate password.

Quote:
I will also add that the responsability of the societies in question was put on the table, while in the case of Dhomochevsky's story, he didn't mention if the society in question had trouble or no.
You've got a cardboard door and get burglarized as a result. Does it even matter if whoever installed your door gets a slap on the wrist or not? (And no, legally speaking, it never goes farther, and quite often not as far as that. The bad publicity is worse, but it only pushes customers into the waiting arms of competitors who are just as sloppy.)

Quote:
The debate is too reduced, it goes as white hats = good people, black hats = bad people
You're the one who chooses to simplify it like that.

Quote:
while it's absolutely untrue, some of them consider themselves as white hats even though they transgress laws. Thus I will say once again my view : all hackers are outlaws the moment they act without the approbation of the "victim" otherwise it becomes their job.
I didn't mean they were all wrong doers., simply they do not follow the laws, and I specified that laws can be unfair, and sometimes bad, but there are ways to show your disagreement towards laws. I do not want to see dozens of ninja popping into my garden to check whether my alarms work or not, but I do agree somebody entering my residence if he is properly sent by the society I contracted with.

And to make sure Saintess doesn't put a weird picture, I do not accept loli ninja either.
Make up your mind. Is law breaking something you absolutely don't want (funny, considering the site we're arguing on), or do you acknowledge it has its uses?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote