View Single Post
Old 2009-06-17, 10:16   Link #57
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Do you have any evidence that any of this is true? It runs counter to just about every credible source that I've read about Iran.
Not all the young people there support another revolution. If that would be the case, that would have happened already. As in every country, there are sides, and in this case, the side supporting the government also has the police force with them. Just because the ones coming out of there, some belonging to the richer families there, supporting the revolution (as if it is), does not mean they reflect the whole population. Anyways, the side supporting the government can have quicker access to guns and weapons if they wanted. And if it becomes very serious, it is not unheard people killing each other, especially in Iran, when the regime is essentially targeting that. Right now I believe the only reason they are trying to allow re-counting the votes is to get rid of the ones that are considered as the soft-members of the group, and make the core ones appear clearly, so that they can target them later on.

Quote:
None of that is true; which is why there was a strong probability that Achmedinajad would lose the election in the first place.
Actually, the nuclear part is quite true. The ones that I talked to are strongly supporting that part (it is better not to assume the next generation revolutionaries as pure angels or such, they are not, they are every bit of a product of the ongoing regime). And they don't mind suffering a bit as long as they get that power. However, Ahmedinejad wasn't able to stop at the a bit part, and created a much bigger economical crisis. In any case, without his skills, Iran wouldn't have reached that far in gaining nuclear power. If he gives that to Iran and leaves the leadership at the end of that, without waiting any further, believe me, people forget about most of his mistakes, and remember him as a great leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Only Israel has a slight possibility of using its nukes, and only under the strongest provocation. Even then, it doesn't really have the capability of reaching most Iranian targets, and the U.S. wouldn't let it to so.
I doubt that, to both parts. If not for the past, Israel right now would not have minded to exile all the Palestinians there using force. They are playing it gentle, but the intention is there. If you apply the same logic to the nukes, you won't see a need for a strong provocation to initiate such a thing. I really cannot see an end to how far Israel can go, so I will leave at this. And about America's influence on Israel, I am also suspicious about how much of an impact the US can have, if Israel decides to use those.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote