Thread: Beelzebub
View Single Post
Old 2010-04-19, 15:26   Link #907
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I really dislike KKOW and I like Beelzebub. I feel no need to create a wall of text to point that out. Isn't that enough? If you like it read it and if you don't then don't read it.
Sure, You're entitled your opinion and certainly don't have to justify anything. You also don't have to post if you dont have anything worthwhile to add to the conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Although it's laughable to say that KKOW's art is better...
Putting words in my mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
By cliche I mean everything, and yes, mostly everything. Tell me theme parks and water parks are not cliche as hell, let alone movies and cheap novels.
Theme parks and water parks? That was quite random dude. I haven't been to that many in my life so i can't offer a comparative analysis.

Quote:
However you phrase it, man. "Accepting someone for who they are despite differences" to me is quite the same to "Coming to term from rivalry and misunderstanding with someone to supporting and loving that person in secret." Who? Aoi and Oga.
I kind of agree with you but the latter has been done to death before in manga and thus the impact is lessened to a higher degree.

Quote:
You like the character, the slightest change in them can satisfy you, sure. But I wouldn't call either of them "development."
Then what is "development"? i'd certainly like to hear your view on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
In all honesty, it feels like Poetic Justice's wall of text can be condensed into 'Hey, beelzebub sucks. KKOW is much better. You should all read it'.
My "wall of text" is primarily intended to stimulate a comparative discussion between the two manga's, Anything else is a side-effect.

Quote:
In the end it's all subjective though.
Yes and I'd like to debate upon these subjective opinions.

Quote:
Plus, let's just wait to see how Beelzebub turns out. It's only 4 volumes in and KKOW didn't really get interesting for me until the last few volumes for the english scanslation.
Well I'll disagree with you there, The manga instantly got "classic" status in my book about 10-12 chapters in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I've had many laughs reading those 4 volumes, but I have to admit that the story hasn't progressed at all, which is kinda bad...although as I've said before, I read BB for the lols, not for the plot.
Which brings me to my last point that since the plot is almost non-existent in both, KKOW is also better because it offers more lols than beelzebub.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote