View Single Post
Old 2010-07-17, 14:40   Link #2170
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
I don't think it's in the game itself. That information comes from the various side material books and from Hollow Ataraxia (where Rider does something similar). Hence why I'm not totally sure.
Ah, I see. If only those side books and Ataraxia translated.

Speaking of Ataraxia, I read that it's a sequel but it looks like it's more of an alternate story or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Quite good, I thought. It's a horror story, so it's darker in tone than FSN and has less in the way of action and more in the way of imbuing you with a series of wonderful nightmares, but the writing style is similar enough that if you like one, you'll probably like the other. The art isn't as good, which can get kinda distracting if you've played FSN first (everything looks similar, but kinda off), but it's not a huge deal.

And it's widely considered that each of the FSN girls is based traits from one or two of the Tsukihime girls, so you're kind of getting to see the 'prototypes', which is fascinating.
Yeah, I may play it. I am going to do Ever17 first though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Horror story?

I'm not entirely sure that's any more true of Tsukihime than of FSN, really. I mean, HF is certainly pretty damn horrific, especially if you take the time to think about the sort of things that have been done to Sakura over the last eleven years....
Exactly. That's why I raged so much. I loved Sakura so much. She is the sweetest character and since I played with the voice patch, she sounded even more innocent and sweet. And for them to do that to her, ugh. I have no problem with her turning into a bad guy, it's just what they did to her in the past was horrible.