View Single Post
Old 2011-09-13, 15:41   Link #24395
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well Renall, asuming you are right Beatrice would have had at least two years to plan everything. Of course that would be "post-incident" but still pre-planning ^^;

Anyway I decided to try how many sheets of paper I could fit inside a bottle, for science!

I din't have a wine bottle so I used a 1 lt. plastic water bottle. the height is more or less the same and the aperture is more or less as wide.

I used normal A4 printer sheets.

One thing I could confirm is that an A4 sheets is a little shorter than a regular bottle, that means you can roll it vertically and that saves a lot of space.

I tried with 10 pages first. It was feasible but not really easy.

I tried with 20 pages next. It's practically impossible. I used as much strenght that I could but it simply couldn't fit. Maybe using some kind of instrument or tool you can squeeze them better, but that's definitely not something you can do with a human strenght alone.

I tried to remove pages until I managed to squeeze 14 pages inside. It was hella hard and I ruined the pages in the process.

That being said, you can probably write a lot on A4 sheet supposing you can write very small and on both sides. There are also probably slimmer pages than what I used, and Beatrice probably used a smaller format than A4.

Still I think that my first assumption was way too optimistic. I'd say 40 pages at max with the best conditions. 30 to be realistic.

P.S. While doing all that I couldn't help to think how funny it would have been if Beatrice wrote her stories first and then only later noticed that they wouldn't fit in a bottle.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote