View Single Post
Old 2012-07-17, 13:37   Link #381
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Question: Why didn't Kirito just say that Diabel was a Beta tester? I thought if he said it like "Diabel was a beta tester too! That didn't stop him from making this group!" then they'd realize that just because you're a beater doesn't mean you have to be selfish.

Cline's a really nice guy, though. His first thought about the situation isn't "Oh God, I should stay alive!" or "What's my advantage?" but rather "I gotta help my friends!"
Well, logically speaking:

1 - The party is already agitated and pissed off. Their hindsight tells them that moment that "Beta-Testers are evil".

2 - Kirito is already exposed as a Beta-Tester aka branded as the bad guy. Would you believe anything that he says to defend himself? It's much easier to convince people of what they want to believe in, which in this case is that Kirito "is a Beta-Tester and thus is bad guy."

3 - Finally, revealing that their leader hid his identity as a Beta-Tester will further agitate the party and invoke distrust among the players, further dividing the community. Such is the last thing we need in a death game.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Lantern; 2012-07-17 at 13:49.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote