View Single Post
Old 2012-10-12, 07:54   Link #84
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
As far as I know, there is nothing in the manga or databook that can confirm the exact ages of either Minato or Nagato. However, Nagato is estimated by some to have been in his early 40s at the time of his death. Minato would be around the same age as Nagato, perhaps slightly younger.

Here are a couple methods of estimating Nagato's age:

Method 1:
In Page 8 of Chapter 427, Chouji estimates that Deva Path (Yahiko) is approximately 25-30 years old. This means that Yahiko was 25-30 years old at the time of his death. When did Yahiko die? He died in the confrontation with Hanzo during the Third Shinobi War. We know that the Third Shinobi War ended shortly after Kakashi Gaiden (about 1 year before Naruto was born). Thus Yahiko was 25-30 at least 1 year before Naruto was born. Naruto is now 16 years old. So, we can add 17 to figure how old Yahiko would be if he survived to the present. (25 to30) + 17 = (42 to 47 years old). If Nagato was around the same age as Yahiko or slightly younger, then Nagato would be in his early to mid 40s
Method 2:
We start with Dan Kato (Tsunade's lover) who died in the Second Shinobi World War. According to the databook, he died at age 27. Now we make the estimation that Tsunade, (and therefore Jiraiya), was close in age to Dan. And around the same time that Dan died, Jiraiya was training Nagato, Konan, and Yahiko. As for Nagato's age during this period, we can look at what Jiraiya said on Page 11 of Chapter 375: "He [Nagato] possessed the ability to use any type of ninjutsu he desires since the age of 10". Now Jiraiya trained Nagato for 3 years. It's not clear whether Jiraiya means that Nagato had the Rinnegan starting at 10, or whether 10 is when Nagato finished his training. But if, at the time of Jiraiya's departure, we approximate Nagato's and Jiraiya's ages to be 13 and 27 respectively, then the difference between their ages is 27-13 = 14 years. Jiraiya died at age 54. So, if Nagato is about 14 years younger than Jiraiya, then Nagato would have been around 40 at the time of his death.
So, here we have two independent methods by which Nagato is estimated to have been in his early 40s at the time of his death.
dayuummm father timeline! LOL. sounds good to me. preciate ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
I think it's just that Obito seems to regard Madara as more of a shady old man than a long lost family member. My money is on Nagato being Madara's direct descendant (maybe his son).
waiting on someone else to say this. (though it was in the poll in the who is tobi thread, i've never seen an actual post stating this directly.) when i first saw adult nagato, he reminded me of madara with the whole hair over the eye deal. not like kishi hasn't used hair, color and other things to denote a familial relationship or identity. plus edo madara keeps looking for him.
i like this idea because
for fun - madara is pretty big fan of hashirama, so i can see going to get himself an uzumaki girl himself
for less fun - madara probably was aware of the uzumaki/senju distant relationship and figured as an alternative to the mazou/zetsu deal, fathering a child with uchiha and senju/uzumaki dna he could create a sage like individual. just speculating cuz this definitely leads to more questions...