View Single Post
Old 2010-07-09, 01:06   Link #10
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

Send a message via AIM to Sin of Memories Send a message via MSN to Sin of Memories Send a message via Yahoo to Sin of Memories
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Don't totally dismiss shoujo - in Japan lots of guys read shoujo on and lots of girls read shounen! Sand Chronicles is really a rock-solid romance manga, one of the better ones out there.
I never said that I dismissed shoujo I just have been hesitant about reading some XD I guess this is one of those things were you should just take the plunge. That is how I got involved with romance manga and the first one I read was Love Hina

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Emma is a good period romance.
Dear Mine is extremely shoujo, but one of my favorite romance manga.
Mars is very heavy but undeniably good.
Kanata Kara is your classic "adventure with romance" story and is quite excellent. Shoujo of this type usually just plain suck (Fushigi Yuugi anyone?), but this is the exception.

Three of the four of those are not of the demographic you requested, but well, shonen romances are almost always awful and there are so few decent seinen ones...
Hm.... added and thanks for the info ^-^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
I am a guy, and at least two of my most loved series are shoujo. Don't let demographic labels throw you off of a series.

Anyways, I will second Maison Ikkoku. It's sort of a superior (imo) version of Love Hina.

I also recommend Cross Game for a more recent manga.
Added

Good my list has just exploded again!

Currently this is my list and I am going through it slowly as right now I am reading about 10 different manga at the same time (yes I can do that and not get the stories crossed).

*Note: there are about 10 more manga that should be on there but they are in stickies on the linux side of my machine:

Code:
Koi Kaze. - drama, mature, romance, seinen

Samurai Champloo

Darker than blacK - action, anime, drama, sci-fi, seinen, supernatural

Mushi shi

deathnote

Code Geuess

Noir

Clannad - anime, drama, fantasy, romance, school life, seinen

Air Gear - action, anime, comedy, ecchi, shounen, sports

One Outs

Tenjou Tenge

bakuman - comedy, drama, romance, school life, shounen, slice of life

detective conan - mehbe

Liar Game

xxxHolic

tsubasa chronicles

Bakemonogatari

Angel Beats - Hesitant

Afro Samurai

Durarara

Elfen Lied

Gravitation

Black Cat - action, anime, comedy, sci-fi, shounen, supernatural

Flame of Recca 
Planetes
Zatch Bell
Shaman King 
Eureka Seven anime/manga both good
Suzuka 
Mai-HiME
Fruits Basket
Saint Seiya
I's
Shinobi Life
GTO - Shonan 14 Days ( THis is GTO continued)
Addicted to Curry
D.N.Angel - Maybe - adventure, comedy, fantasy, mystery, romance, school life, shoujo, supernatural

Open Sesame
Gantz
Higurashi
Gundam Series