View Single Post
Old 2008-08-09, 01:26   Link #100
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

That looks, erm, different than I expected.

Yuuji seems more...delinquent?...than his novel counterpart and most certainly his manga counterpart (reminds me of that guy from Midori Days and that other guy from Karin). I'm not sure if this is a bad or a good thing, since the people's around him are supposed to think that he looks like a delinquent while the novel illustrations just make him look awkward, and the manga made him a cute bishie.

Taiga...turned into a loli. Yes, yes, the concept already applied to her etcetera, etcetera -- I mean, I thought of her in the same vein as Yuuji himself in other versions, "like a pretty French doll," but now she's clearly more like an anime loli and all.

Add that up to the Kugimiya trademark tsundere voice, and yeah. Awkward, lol. She might as well be thirteen and has a pretty maid named Maria, and then I'll be disturbed if they actually play the interests "straight"...

As for other characters;

Kitamura and Minori looks waaay too childish for my tastes. He was supposed to be the Hanai-type, not that baby-faced boy! And she, well, err...

Ami is win though. Now she's as pretty as she was lauded to be.

Regardless of my opinions on the character designs, it's still the script that runs the show (this isn't an extreme case like Real Drive or something), so I'll try not to pre-judge it too much. Let's just hope it's not a flop like Shana II or the whole Zero no Tsukaima fiasco, or something like Special A the anime...
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote