View Single Post
Old 2011-04-30, 00:59   Link #584
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Honestly, I don't - and it seems like 28 pages of posts on 3 episodes agrees with the idea that there's plenty to discuss. For me, there's not much that's more interesting to discuss in the context of anime that emotion. Let's put it this way - this series has more posts and pageviews than C, and in my view, these two series make a pretty good model for the cerebral (C) vs. the heartfelt (AnoHana).
First, I intend no offense whatsoever, but most of those posts seem to be re-tellings and reiterations of essentially the same things. I don't really think of that as discussion, but people's mileage may vary. Not many people 'discussed' Tatami Galaxy but because of the quality of the posts (different people exploring and examining different aspects of the series, for example), there was little repetition and there was a lot more discussion, at least for me.

A recapitulation of the last few pages, for example, will present
  • disgust on Yukiatsu's actions or the insinuations as regards his character
  • Jinta's emotions toward his mother and his debility due to the catastrophes in life
  • a bit on Tsuruko and her personality

That's all right with me, but the depth of this series is found in its characters, not in its intellectual piquancy. There's really little discussion as to what happened per se, because it's not the focus. There's a lot to talk about, however, regarding the emotions and feelings of the characters.

I hope you guys get what I mean.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote