Thread: Licensed Elfen Lied
View Single Post
Old 2004-11-25, 11:47   Link #1015
entryway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Sorry, but I'm still neither convinced nor buying it all your explanation.
Well it was supposed to be a joke (knowing how obvious the series is) but I see it was a bad one

Quote:
It's not that easy to come up with those conclusions for Lucy given that she always internalized all of her conflicting emotions in the anime.
That's what the show needed handfully. Study, exploration, and empathy understanding of the main characters troubles, nature, current personality, outcomed desires from their personal traumas, and importantly their illusions.
Well I'm not trying to speculate about Lucy's emotions and certainly cant guess what was left out of the picture. We're supposed to draw conclusions from what we have at the moment. Since the characters spend so little time together (especially "evil" Lucy and Kouta) flashbacks are really all we get to relate the current events to. Guess I dont pay much attention to all the killing and really think it's quite consequential. We all have that ability to begin with just that our thoughts arent enough.

One of the things I also dont want to touch is trying to justify/condemn Lucy. Any ideas about how it all happened are interesting though.
entryway is offline   Reply With Quote