View Single Post
Old 2012-01-14, 04:38   Link #17966
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
It was stated that Gospel has maximum airspeed of 2450 km/h, which means that most of the protagonist I.S. are slower (except AkaTsubaki and ByakuShiki Setsura)....

And it was stated that supersonic fight is rare occurrence, and the pilot has to be specially trained beforehand. Hell, some I.S. lacked the SENSOR to fight in such speed.

Fridge logic states that this means it's impossible for I.S. to outrun aircraft, much less missiles (3600-4800) or worse, ballistic missile (+5600)
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
But Natasha was actually somewhat relevant and talked a lot in the bath scene D:

The IS aren't aerodynamic enough to actually have too much speed. Yes you can say they can reach hypersonic but if 2450kph is the top speed then hypersonic is impossible. Mach 1 needs you to travel at 300ms(not sure) so divide 2450 by 3600 then another 1000 (too lazy to do the math). If we're applying real life physics fighters are faster because they are streamlined for it. If they engage in dogfight maneuvers rashly then I think air pressure(dunno the term) would rip them apart. However IS like most other humanoid machine have advantage of great maneuverability and freedom of motion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I knew the mobility advantage, but they can't simply dodge missile if they lack the raw speed! The problem is that from the depiction, it was said by raw speed alone, I.S. can outrun anything.

And if I use the depiction to deduct my own stat... the result is between Mach 3 and Mach 5.... and that's not a good thing for Surface dweller I.S. that has their speed GREATLY limited by the dense air.

Should I choose Middle ground?

By the way, Mach 1 at low altitude = 1250 km/h, different depending on altitude (related to air density and pressure).

A few ways to probably allow IS to travel at Mach speeds is either the application of a protective field or allow the frame to transform into an aerodynamic shape- but then the second option is more costly in the development sense, so probably a field for mach-numbered flight is applicable.
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote