View Single Post
Old 2011-08-31, 05:46   Link #2534
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Finished Origins and continuing on to Awakening for the first time -- my ultimate goal being to meet Morrigan again in Witch Hunt. So far it's good enough, not spectacular but not bad; Anders is kind of fun and Nathaniel Howe is considerably more likable than I thought he would be. He came around quickly to the idea that Arl Howe was evil after all and didn't try to guilt me about his "murder," and he's quiet and appreciative. The "stronghold" side of things is also something I've always liked in Bioware/Obsidian games. Though I think the plot, which I spoilered, is a regrettable and somewhat far-fetched turn (I'd prefer if they let the Archdemon's glory be), it's not that bad. And then I went to the Wending Woods...

Urgh.

You know, I liked every companion character in Origins except for the "Secret" Companion, some very much so. I'm a completionist so I like to bring every character if I can, as well, but...Velanna...

Maker, who made this bitch? She's like a, a chihuahua or a poodle or some other disgusting little dog you just want to kick into a spiked wall. With a remorseless racist I'm-oppressed-so-ima-bitchin' tint.

Fuck the companion potential or the achievements. I'm going to enjoy cutting off her head. With messy kill.
Quite agree with you there

Awakenings feels some kind of.... I don't know, but the enjoyment isn't as much as Origins. Some of the characters feel to be designed half-heartedly (both the appearances and traits) and we also can't engage in conversation with our companions freely, which is a disappointment. The villains and the story is supposed to hold great meaning, but somehow till the end of the game, the story doesn't feel that important.

But I love the new job class, items, and combat abilites. I wish there would be a mod to port the combat ability to Origins... Really love that endless flurry for dual weapons