View Single Post
Old 2006-09-02, 19:02   Link #95
Dual247

waitaminute waitaminute, you're telling me that OP is all about nonsensical fun with the no real storyline? and then you're comparing how naruto is more emotional and dramatic? i'm sorry, almost everything you say is the complete opposite of how i feel.

but first of all, just because the show's animation is different and toony doesn't make it a childish series.

secondly, if you think about it, perhaps almost all of your friends like naruto more is because you like it more and somewhat disliking OP. i mean from the way you talk about the show makes it sound like you don't really appreciate what it truly offers. so, if you don't like OP and like naruto, why wouldn't your friends, who you talk to on a constant basis not feel the same way. unless you like having friends that constantly bicker with each other about different shows.

now i'm not sure how much of OP you're watched or maybe you've watched the american version. but OP is all about character development. that's its main theme. the fighting is completely secondary, because as you said, you normally know who'll win anyway. but that's not what its about. its about this group of nakamas journeying the grandline together. there's constant growth with the group. and i'm definitely not sure what you're smoking when you say the character histories are more dramatic in naruto. again i ask, have you even watched the true japanese series of OP before instead of the crap that is the american version? the characters' past are one of the most important aspect of these pirates, because they define who they are, why they're here, and what drives them. so your so-called claims are completely wrong.

and once again, you look at the animation style and you come to the conclusion that its simply a comedy with the occasional dramatics. that's how i see it. but the way i see it, its a show that COMBINES comedy with dramatics. i mean all seriousness and no fun leads to a boring show.

i can see how you're here up and loaded with prime examples of how naruto this and naruto that and how the characters are so much more complex. i certainly don't mind that, but claiming one piece doesn't is just complete ignorance. i'm a big fan of naruto too, but they feel like different shows to me and i enjoy that. i perhaps like naruto's fight scenes a tad better, but the character interactions are no doubt better in OP. so instead of coming on here and try to kick OP to the curb, you can go back and chat with you Naruto fans about how great that show is, since obviously you don't know how good OP is. no point trying to make you like it since you obviously are too attached to naruto.

last thing, don't mix up creativity with absurdity. while OP is filled with creativity, your little cats, dogs, monkeys crap is complete nonsense. thank you