View Single Post
Old 2009-01-15, 22:18   Link #75
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
It is artificially formed tension when it is formed in an unnatural way (character overreaction even by anime standarts etc.) thus makes the whole depth as if 'created' this way artificial as well.

Just because you are given more info about the character or make him go emo doesnt amke it a deep character. I thought you would have known that already by seeing many of such attempts in the anime already. Kitamura, sadly, is not an exception. While the rest of Toradora's cast are given the depth in natural way, Kitamura is used the typical clyche ever - emo=character depth, not caring that the whole sitiation and tension is very artificial and forced. We have seen it many times and kitamura just follows the lead of many other animes that can't give time to give character natural depth and have to force sudden emo=depth thing on us.
You are extremely frustrating to talk to guy.

Everytime someone bothers to disagree with you you just take everything they've told you, lay it out infront of them, and then slap a giant OPPOSITE sticker onto it and hand it back.

How is it forced? Most of us don't even know why he's acting the way he is, but seeing him crack is certainly a departure. You going to tell me making a guy like Kitamura act like a normal teenager is forced? Crying is forced? Should he be jumping through hoops at this point? I don't get where you're pulling all this 'artificial / forced' nonsense. I'm sitting here wondering what could make him act so unlike himself, but you're stuck at the fact that he shouldn't be acting like it because it isn't like him. It's like you refuse to accept it because it doesn't adhere to some standard of acceptable problems / reactions / emotions that you've created.

:\

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!