View Single Post
Old 2010-11-12, 02:07   Link #182
Itlandm
Porcupine

I am glad I watched this. If the whole anime had been like this episode, it would have been my favorite series this season.

Generally I don't recommend sleeping together with friends of your preferred gender. Most people move randomly in their sleep, and it is all too easy to end up in a position that will be impossible to forget, even if nothing happens then and there.

That said, the two of them come across as very mature (which they also hint at by calling each other "old woman" and "old man").

I would say there is a form of love between Kyosuke and Manami, but it is all "ai" and no "koi". In today's western-influence Japan, this is probably considered a bad thing. I disagree with that actually. Friendship is more predictive of a long and happy marriage than passion is.

But even without marriage and the things associated with it, having a best friend of the opposite sex is a good thing. Men and women naturally fill each other's missing spots, so to speak, so having a close friend like this is good for one's happiness even if one is celibate.

I found the whole episode very pleasant. I wish there were more shows like this.