View Single Post
Old 2010-11-14, 00:44   Link #189
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Well that was kinda fun. Initially I never cared for Manami since she was a boring shy type girl, but at least she tries to tease Kyouske, something that a lot of this type of character never bothers trying.

I also laughed when they asked about the bath. SECRET WEAPON. Well, at least they know how to joke around with each other.

Also, I want to be like the grandparents and never grow up. They're pretty good trolls.
Welcome to the dark side Archon Doesn't this episode have a kind of Clannad vibe to it? The grandfather had a similar quirky personality as Akio and it doesn't help that Kyousuke is voiced by Yuuichi Nakamura

I have to agree with you on Manami though, I didn't really see her as anything but Moe-bait, that is until the moe was cranked up a couple of gears, I couldn't help it Manami did well in this episode and she ended up being less useless than I thought she would be I quite like her even more now.

Kirino was just hilarious this episode with her door-kicking and tsun tsun reactions to Kyousuke not being home for the day. Although this episode added some points towards Manami, I don't see her and Kyousuke getting romantically involved.

We've already been fed this "normal" lifestyle that Kyousuke supposedly desires and Kirino apparently offers the exact opposite of that. I can see where the writers are going with the symbolism here although it remains to be seen. I can only call it speculation from my part so I will wait to see how everything develops. We'll soon find out that "normal" and "safe" is not what Kyousuke actually desires as Kirino's antics gradually begin to effect and change Kyousuke. His development stems from Kirino's in my opinion so it will be interesting to see whether there is some sort of romance development between them, although admittedly I don't see them going that far in this first season.

Yes, I support Kyousuke x Kirino but I'm very open minded about romance in anime as long as it's done right. Since I doubt this show will go into such a delicate/serious topic as incest, they'll most probably go the route of no relation between Kyousuke and Kirino if romance does develop between them. Just to reiterate, this is just speculation

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"