View Single Post
Old 2011-12-07, 00:53   Link #2969
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well I think the time for me to tap out of this affair has finally come at last. I've given this show 2 months to at least somewhat improve and have been pretty generous in trying to find the humour in the comically inept writing and characterization, but the novelty has more or less worn off by this point and there's really just nothing I can see that justifies me watching this week to week anymore. Just really nothing interesting happening in this show anymore as it crawls along while barely maintaining the pretense of an overarching plot.

The one tease that may potentially prove mildly interesting has yet to be the focus of an episode and that's really the only thing I'm remotely interested in seeing from this show anymore now that I've had an ample dose of all the cute/hawt girls that seem to have become the sole focus of Guilty Crown of late. So yeah, that's it, I yield Guilty Crown, time for something else.

If I had to cite a specific last straw for me it's been the introduction and focus on the new female characters, specifically the mother one. In a show that counts Daryl Yan and American Dan among it's cast this Haruka character just manages to be the most cringingly dumb, pointless and annoying one yet. I don't know why it is that every character in this show has to be annoying and intolerable on some level, but this one was just one to many for me. It's like they are now actually in on the joke that the cast is hilariously awful beyond measure and it kind of ruins it for me when they just seem to be pushing out ridiculous character after ridiculous awful character just to fill what is starting to look like a bi-weekly quota. To quote Reinhard Von Lohengramm...."worthless pfft!".
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote