View Single Post
Old 2012-11-01, 08:43   Link #31049
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Yes, but he also knows that that other port is a secret. If Kawabata supposes that people are using that other port, then he's supposing something funny is going on.
Not necessarily. He knows it was secret back when he was making trips out to it, but he hasn't really been there in years. It's true that nobody's probably asked him to "drop me off around the back of the island," but he can't be certain that for example Krauss doesn't know about Kuwadorian and keeps a boat there for emergencies or pleasure or something. And as was said, Kawabata might not be the only person the family uses. It's possible Genji sometimes ferries people back when they're sick or something for all that he knows, or another captain is contacted.

Still, if anything, he would probably be the one to find Eva's discovery at the back side of the island curious. He hasn't been there in over a decade. What was she doing there? And why wasn't anybody else there?

Whether he would talk about it is another question. He seemed very reluctant to even bring the subject up to anyone but Ange. But would he talk to police? It'd be hard to say, because Kuwadorian would be public knowledge regardless of whether he talked about it or not. It's possible he just spoke strictly about his work taking people to the main port and left out entirely his 50s and 60s activities. The pressure on him may be what caused him to be so standoffish about it until Ange convinced him of who she was. I don't think he was bribed recently however; maybe back in the 60s by Kinzo, but probably not recently. It's questionable, I think, whether anyone in 1986 other than Genji/Kumasawa (Yasu included; why would Yasu know this?) knew about his activities in the 50s/60s at all.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote