Thread: Licensed World Trigger [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2014-11-02, 10:34   Link #58
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Speaking of Hunter X Hunter, do you feel that the battles are just as analytical? All the characters planning and thinking about their opponents and how to counter the next move.
Yes and no.
Yes as in that they share many similarities in the fights as Border agents have to make the best use of their skills/weapons avaiable similar to Hunters while at the same time figure out quickly what the enemy abilities are and how to counter them. In HxH you got told to keep your abilities secret as an unknown ability can be very useful, same goes for fights in WT. The invasion arc is full of battles were abilities known and unkown to each other can change the flow of a battle, some abilties work better against others then other abilities and such.
I am not sure how far you have read the raw so I won't spoiler you too much, but the fight of Kazama's Unit vs Enedra, Jin vs Hyuse or Yuuma vs Viza and several other battles were built upon finding out what the other is capable off (often with losses) and how to counter some skills (which was really well-done, it shows how much information can influence somebody's style of fighting and that some skills which are though to be imba can suddenly turn into a counter-attack oppurtunity! <3).

And no, as in type of organisation which does influence the battle greatly.
HxH was an organisation where its members were independent mostly. They could do whatever job they wanted, they could do whatever they want to achieve and they were mostly chasing their own life goals.
In WT Border is no "elite mercenary" organisation with like ten rules (haha XD) but an "army" that tries to raise elite warriors for its purpose to defend earth (although it looks like Kido might have another purpose for Border but we all we got in that regard was a hint from Jin's foresight).
Hunters worked mostly alone and changed teams pretty often for whatever job they applied, Agents on the other hand needs squads if they want to be ranked and even IF they want to fight alone they still need an Operator to be allowed to join the rank wars of A and B level. In C they get trained and fight solo matches to raise their trion ability by using it as often as possible so that their power can grow to an size useable for B-class. In HxH we had the Nen for that, although you could also become a Hunter while not knowing much about Nen. Nen is basically the Trion in WT, EVERYBODY got it BUT once you grow up it cannot grow anyfurther either, so Border tries to get lots of teens to train them into Trion high levels.

For that, we see the biggest difference betwen HxH where freedom was important and Border where discipline is most important. We see Agents who WANT to fight but gt ordered to retreat due reasonable reasoning and who have to obey, we see Agents fighting in squads following orders from more experienced squad leaders or higher ranking agents while we also see agents from different squads fighting together to join their abilities to defeat a common enemy. In HxH we really only had such a thing in the chimera ant arc and there we got plently of cases where the Hunters acted upon their emotions or own goals instead of following the plan. In Border we get such things as well, but usually they come at a price. Osamu paid a very big price when he disobeyed a rule of safety in regards to his trion body to protect Chika. :/

Still Agents are no emotionless soldier machines, they follow their own credo and you know when they like or not like to do something. But sometimes it just makes sense to retreat when a superstrong enemy attacks instead to go on the counterattack. Like with that incident where Kite got killed by Neferpitou. Gon wouldn't followed Kite's order and thus later blamed himself for his death. In Border after suffering a big loss, the agents would get the Order to retreat to regroup or to lure the enemy into a sniper trap and such.

In other words, team work is far more important in Border than it is in HxH. HxH is all about the individual while Border is all about the team and which team makes hte best uses of his members abilities.

Hope that helps to clearify stuff.^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triok123 View Post
yeah that's actually true, we haven't seem any fanservice scene so far, with is good in that term, is more realistic, i mean you don't get a peeking girl luck everyday, and a bikini armor is not the most eficient way to protect youself.
and i don't think konami is in same league as jin or kei...she may be strong and stuffs..but i thinks those two have the highest bar......
Yep, even in WOW female charas get more and more full-clothed armor. I still remember the time when females had bikini armor while males obviously didn't. But now with so many woman and girls playing WOW they had to adapt as girls don't react so well to fanservice intended for males like boys would go ehhh when seeing half-nude guys posing in sexy underwear. xD

I thought Konami is in the same league as Jin and Kei as she is not an A-rank Agent, but from the "strongest Border team" while Jin and Kei are both ranked A agents. Also Konami was part of Border even before Jin (and most likely Kei as well)!!! Plus her special trigger that allows her to make maximum use of her trion compared to the normal mass-produced triggers of Border.
So yeah, I for one would count her on the same if not even stronger league than Jin and Kei. I bet in a one-on-one fight against those two she would win pretty often.
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote