View Single Post
Old 2016-01-03, 16:09   Link #4984
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
It annoys me how Kou empire is presented as a victim...
Indeed. When she was reminiscences on how happy Kou used to be i couldn't help but think; funny how they don't show all the slaves, the war or all the death that all this happiness is built on, and was sustained by. Seriously that happy image of the Kou empire reminded me of Dressrosa from One Piece; you have a a country that on the surface seems very happy, but look too closely and you will see the horror that all that happiness was built on and supported by... of course in that series it was presented as a BAD thing, where this series tries to make it seem like it was no big deal; its like we are supposed to feel sad that the slavery and war is gone. Actually come to think of it, that also describes Magnostadt another city whose happiness and prosperity was built on the back inhuman atrocities; though magi was less kind to them, than it is to Kou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
It's rather ironic, isn't it? The Kou Empire caused Balbadd to become bankrupt, only to in turn become bankrupt too (but not because of Balbadd).
Ya, what sindra has done to Kou is similar to what Kou did to Balbadd... only with Balbadd its destruction was intentional where as the fall of Kou was merely a consequence of the world taking on common sense peace time measure and the war happy Kou empire being unable to adapt to a world without war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
I wonder if Sinbad still has that djin inside Kougyoku?

He already the worst kind of worst, if he is still control her then I dunno what to use to compare.
I recall it said that Sinbad removed it. It wouldn't really be all that useful on her now that she doesn't have any real power. Sinbad can only use it on 3 people at a time and i'm sure their are more useful people. Heck i'd use it on Arba just as way to keep her in check