Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2007-12-12, 23:45   Link #307
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

@bluejazz87,

Erm.....play it cool?

Seriously, there's no need to get so neurotic over a girl. Just chill, you know what I mean? Whatever a girl thinks of you doesn't mean the end of the world for you or anything. No need to assume the worst.

Okay, on the situation at hand.....yeah, you probably came on a bit strong there. The way I look at it, you hardly know her and she hardly knows you...if I were your lady friend when you asked her out to lunch just all of a sudden, I'd freak too, especially since you were so free with your personal info like your Facebook account and all that. Any girl can see that coming a mile off.

That said, all is not lost. At this stage, when the both of you are not even doing anything together, it's best just to play it cool. What I'd suggest is, now that you've blown hot, it's time to blow cold; just do your own stuff, meet your own friends, know what I mean? If she's sending mixed signals, reciprocate with some of your own; if she has even the slightest interest in you, she'd certainly be intrigued by that. Moreover, if you show her you've got your own life to live, she'll certainly be impressed by that. Whatever you do, don't try the "let's go to lunch together" stunt again, not until she starts taking the initiative to talk to you.

Repeat the "blow hot/blow cold" cycle several times, and if she still doesn't take the bait, make like a hot potato - DROP. No point sticking with it if the connection just isn't there. And one more thing; don't think that you're working on a time limit here, that's just giving yourself more stress than is necessary. Take all the time you need, and finally, don't place too much importance on this.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote