View Single Post
Old 2008-05-19, 13:13   Link #1053
GameraBaenre

Started a new project this weekend: http://www.gamerabaenre.com/?p=142

This kit looks very similar to Bome's 1/4 Kanu Uncho kit that I grabbed from WF Winter earlier this year. However, having come off my recent 1/4 scale build of Yoko, I need a break from fairly large scale resin figures

I got this kit off Y!J from the second to last WHF event. The kit is sculpted by 中山栄治 and interestingly, the kit came with some water slide decals, here is a picture of the kit's packaging.
Spoiler:

Next up was the skirt piece. The skirt comes in 4 parts, which is different from Bome's that comes in two pieces. With four pieces, I glued the two innner parts, then drilled out holes for pinning the outside pieces. The resin was a bit thin on the right side skirt so I placed small rare earth magnets in the corresponding areas, this way, I can have the skirt removable - which forces me to surface prep and paint the legs decently.
Spoiler:

I spent most of the day pinning and cleaning up flash tabs, and ended with the full mock up:
Spoiler:

And of course, the picture with Keroro G3:
Spoiler:

The kit in comparison to Bome's seems to be separated better, as the only gap filling needs are on the robe and various hair pieces. The skirt is cut up so that the seams between two pieces are in natural folds which helps with the removable aspect while hiding some potentially ugly seams. The Bome kit's skirt pieces meet at a flat area so making that kit removable would require some cutting work to hide the seam. There are aspects of each kit that I like, so it is hard to choose one over the other completely. I hope to one day build the Bome kit too

Also, as I build this kit, I'm taking some time to capture some videos of various techniques I use to compete the kit to update some of my tutorials, so if there are any recommendation or suggestions on techniques that would be good to film, please let me know.
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote