View Single Post
Old 2011-01-04, 17:48   Link #450
RedWing

Everyone has different tastes on what they enjoy in anime, as hard as it is for me to get round the crap people enjoy, I can accept that people enjoy different things.

However that changes not one iota the strength in my convictions on my opinion that some people just have really poor taste. You see Divine's take on the movie as "the most reasonable take on the movie", but may I remind you that 90% of what makes the piece is pure opinion - I immediately call into Divine's taste when I refer to the inconceivable idea that Angel Beats of all shows had a great story. This frames me into my mind that I do not think like this person - infact the way his mind accepts story elements and plot progression is completely alien to me.

Quote:
Watching this desperate battle in space gave me chills and put me in a bit of a cold sweat, and seeing Setsuna finally come to from the mental damage he sustained earlier and finally launch in the Gundam 00 Qan[T] as everyone’s last hope brought a tear to my eye
What exactly am I supposed to take from this? I did not (and cannot see why anyone else would) gain this experience from the film - So what else can I do but write his review off as another opinion that I disagree with? I see nothing in his article that is any more insightful or deep or revealing than anyone else's opinion on the movie.

Besides I don't see why you're getting so upset - the review weighting is clearly favourable on this site, it's clear use haters (aka sensible people) are in the minority.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote