View Single Post
Old 2011-08-31, 00:18   Link #82
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Ok now this is my theory:

We're now back in the beta timeline so Kurisu dies right at the start of the events portrayed by the show. In the beta timeline we also know that the d-mail Okabe sent either is undone or isn't picked up by CERN SERN so they aren't aware of it's existence. We also know that sometime in the future Daru, with the help of Okabe, will be able to build a complete time machine (I would like to believe that all the time Okabe re-lived with Kurisu helped but it's not important).

Since in the alpha timeline the world turns into a dystopia in the future and in the beta one (where SERN doesn't control time travel) the world descends into a WWIII we can conclude, imho, that the excessive control by SERN on the beta timeline is what actually prevented the war from breaking out in the first place therefore turning them into misguided good guys! Would you look at that hum?

Anyway there's one piece of info we still don't know and that's the reason for the war to actually break out. If my theory that it all hinges on multiple powers striving to control time travel is true than we have a simple solution: we must kill Daru (or Okabe but I want my KurisuXOkabe ending ).

OH and btw the usual disclaimer: that last paragraph is 100% speculation on my part. I've also resigned myself to the fact that Steins;Gate is "light" SciFi which means we probably won't get a good justification for the reason Okabe has his Reading Steiner ability. It's a plot device and strangely I'm OK with it.

Now onto the episode: I seriously was on the verge of shedding manly tears when watching this one. It's been so masterfully built up for the duration of the series that I just couldn't help but feel the bitter-sweetness of the events portrayed in the episode with full force. I've been slowly but surely grown to believe Kurisu to be one of the best female leads I've seen in anime lately and this episode just cements it. Their relationship is wonderfully done and I was nearly broken until those post-ending scenes showed up giving me a glimmer of hope. I was already halfway to this forums to confirm if this was indeed 24 episodes when I noticed the changes in the ED and not a minute too soon (otherwise I would have been mildly spoiled).

You are acutally 99% right. There is a manga out by the creators that tells the story from the POV of Suzuha, basically sern took over the world to prevent wars etc, but they made the world into a gattaga type world where emotion was suppressed so yes misguided good guys, suppressing humanity for the "greater good" This is why when Suzuha comes to 2010 the first time she's all surprised about all the stuff, the food the people, etc etc. . .with cern unable to make a time machine and control the world by suppressing humanity, wwIII breaks out.

the whole thing about how okabe got the reading steiner ability has been subtly explained throughout the anime (especially in episode 12, but think about the times when other people have "remembered" the past, especially mayuri and ferryis) but it was pretty much spelled out by kurisu in this very ep. what kurisu says also explains why others have hazy memories of stuff too. . .

and mayuri has ALREADY TOLD the viewers that she "remembers" what has been happening.

anyway, once you watch the final ep it will be clear why he has the powers (it will still be subtle but if you think about it for a second, you'll figure it out.) the "why can people remember other timelines" stuff has been explained in this ep

anyway some good episodes to watch again (in order) 12 for the begining,part, 2. . .the first 9 minutes. . .(when you see it you will shit bricks) 1, to figure out what is REALLY going on the eps where ferriys and ruka are persuaded to undo their d-mails(optional) ep 21(mayuris monologue at the grave) and ep 22.

P.S. one more thing about kurisu's monologue is that what she says about "you" being everywhere all at once is EXACTLY what happens in atoms. you know in junior high or high school you learn that the electrons in atoms are in orbitals orbiting around the nucleus. . .well that is wrong, there is a "probability field" that scientists have found like 20-30 years ago in which an electron is actually everywhere at the same time, and only collapses to one point and location when observed. . .not gonna get into more becuase I would need to write a book on it but yeah, just think about that for a second.

Last edited by CJ_Walker; 2011-08-31 at 00:38.