View Single Post
Old 2011-01-31, 13:11   Link #105
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
^ Hmm. Well, I gotta give it to you, that does seem plausible. A is the most suspicious and rash Kage by a long shot. But he was also named leader of the alliance, so I think he'd need more convincing than just the words of the daimyo before he did anything against the rest of the alliance. I'd say there's a better chance of something close to that happening than I said earlier though

I disagree that the daimyo have no value as hostages though. Madara wouldn't be able to get the alliance to trade up for the jinchuuriki but he could stop the alliance army's advance in its tracks if he has the daimyo. There's a reason the feudal lords were taken into protective custody. If they were killed or captured, it poses a serious problem. At the very least, the alliance would have to stop their advance while they decide what to do. Even if they eventually decided to continue the attack, it would buy Madara more time.
More importantly, I remember Aizen who replaced the council and manipulated the executive authority, the so-called Shinigami, from way above. He could kill the daimyo(s) and replace them with Zetsu clones. With that move, would infiltrate the leadership of the alliance and thus be able to control major decisions.