View Single Post
Old 2013-03-16, 18:37   Link #155
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
You know, I knew that each of the great legions' names were star-related, but I never once made the connection that they were ALL star-related.

With (and possibly because of) the exception of Great Wall. I don't see how that's astronomical.
Great Wall doesn't refer to the Chinese Great Wall. Here is the wiki page for the super-structure filament of galaxies. The star connection is unfortunately more apparent in the Chinese translations; NN, for example is literally translated as "Black Star Nebulae."

Quote:
I wouldn't go so far as the idea that he changed his shape, since his form of panels is directly related to the idea of "vise".
Safe Spoiler.
Spoiler for Vise changing form? In V13:

Quote:
Haruyuki's idea of "fly" is bound up in the idea of "speed". He threw his whole heart into that virtual squashball game, attaining greater and greater speeds.

To Haruyuki, flying is part of going faster, and flying fast is the same as flying high, and flying high is the same as "transcending". There's also a strong element of "escape" rather than "self-improvement", as he wanted to escape his physical and social circumstances.
Understood that.

Quote:
But my theory seems sound, and would explain away some of the inconsistencies. That said, I don't think your idea couldn't be exactly right.
Wait, did you mean to say 'wrong' at the very end? I usually interpret sentences beginning with 'That said...' to admit some truth in a statement.

Quote:
The bull might have been a goof-up, like having Ivory Tower at the meeting where Red Rider died.
Some probability indeed.

Shiyumi, I'll answer you when I next get a break from work.