View Single Post
Old 2010-01-13, 17:57   Link #21
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I'm not sure if it was clear from my last post, but with allowing users to pick genres I wasn't saying they can just make up genres as they please. Any new genre would need to be proposed & approved before users could pick them.

Anyway another proposal then... how about users can propose genres for series in the same way users can propose similar anime on Anime-Planet? That is, not one particular person will be able to define what the genres for a series are, but all people do - and the genres proposed by the most users will be listed first.

There then probably needs to be some kind of logic that prevents genres with 1 vote be listed (but will still show those 1-vote genres if the total amount of users who voted is low). Also by comparing one user's votes to the average votes for any of the series he/she voted for you can rate how "reliable" a person is in determining the right genre - and filter out the trolls.

I realize this isn't to much different than what Cats had proposed, but I simplified it a bit by not having votes on each individual episode, but whole series.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote