View Single Post
Old 2008-12-15, 17:02   Link #209
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

@sinestra: sorry, but after all the noise on the thread - I couldn't help but at least finish the arc in the light novels. I'm trying not to read ahead, but I figured this was not any worse than visiting Random Curiosity for screencaps.

The one thing this series SHOULD teach viewers is not to rush into judgement about others. A lot of this tale so far has been about miscommunication, misinterpretation, and the shields people erect to protect themselves or unintentionally.
I think those reasons you have stated is the exact reason why Toradora may very well end up my favorite series this season even over TOA. To be at that age where you dont understand your own emotions yet you want to desperately get them out to that special someone is something we have all had to go through. We all different faces for different people and we all have shields. Whats important is whats behind that shield.

I find it funny that Ryu shield is a natural one his scary looking face. People dont get past that and see the real Ryu the kind caring person who deeply values his friends. Taiga and Ami are also others who errect shields and they are misinterpreted and misread by others.The characters are what make Toradora damn good but also the writing in general pulls you in. You come to care about the characters and their well being and general get upset when something bad happens to them. To me that is what anime is all about actually story telling in general too bad so many people see anime nothing more than as a cartoon.

So i can assume Vexx there are more treats to come from Toradora