View Single Post
Old 2012-02-07, 11:45   Link #1047
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Not it isn't it's not even more graphic than "censored" Bleach anime so YOU should drop the shit. There is NOTHING seinen about this show, not a single thing. Perhaps if they showed nipples they could get anyway with it it but apart from that there's jack shit. Unless something massively changes and I mean real deep shit that you wouldn't normally see in shounen or at least writing not aimed at teenagers it will remain shounen. Which encompasses all teenagers.
In this post we have someone who doesn't seem to know the difference between the two genres... 'ehh? Well, I'm not always positive myself, but my take:

The difference isn't how many nipple shots they can slip in, it's typically more about how easy-going the atmosphere is because working adults don't want to get off from a hard day at the office and see grim-dark atmosphere shows, they'd rather have an easy-going background with actual intelligent characters and drama, rather than gore and nipples which tends to be childish (although having said all that, some grimdark shows are aimed at adults too).

But I'm sure a Japanese reader can go to the website and let us know exactly what genre it is and close this silly debate.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote