View Single Post
Old 2006-10-25, 09:10   Link #349
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
There's a lot at play here. For one, I assume that if the theory about C.C having more malevolent intentions for helping Lelouch, we can attribute to the assumption of her deciding to make use of his overwhelming urge to be able to do something about Britannia. I was under the impression that Lelouch didn't think much about any consequences or the price he had to pay when he just grabbed the chance for power.

Yep, this is what I was trying to get across. I think C.C saw in Lelouch this overwhelming hatred for Britannia. However it's a desire that he could not convert into action and he wanted the means to destroy it. She passed on her power or awakened his Geass power, whichever it was, because she saw him as a good candidate. Now with the Geass power at his disposal Lelouch can apply his obvious ambitions and cunning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsoor
Definitely, C.C. is no philanthropist. Her wish might sound innocent and insignificant in the beginning but I have feeling it's a lot more ominous than that. Perhaps she'll claim his life in the end, or capture him in the metaphysical plane she seems to partially exist in, to do acts of fornication.
The alien urge to reproduce, I see it all becomes clear now

Quote:
She is definitely a mystery. Who is she and where did she come from? Who was the green-haired woman in the very beginning? She seemed more mature-looking than C.C., and I think Clovis only began the experimental program after he gained governorship of Japan, well away from his father's eye. So was she the Emperor's spirit whom Clovis "cloned", inadvertently copying her neural patterns and thus making two identical but individual consciousnesses? I realize I'm going on a limb here.
It certainly looked from ep 3 that...
Spoiler for ep3:

Undoubtedly C.C's power is what Clovis was interested in, perhaps to bring Japan totally under his control (using the Geass) to prove himself to his father.

Quote:
Also, what did she see in Lelouch? What does she really want? The Emperor most likely created his empire using the power of Geass so does she want to supplant him with Lelouch, wreak carnage on the empire she helped create or does she just have a perverse interest in humanity? Or does it have something to do with destiny? I hazily remember her being named the Witch of Destiny somewhere but I can't really recollect where.
I reckon C.C identified Lelouch's appetite for power and destruction, even at the expense of lives. That suggests that the Geass power is best utilized by a strong urge to destroy, or control, or otherwise assume a role of aggressor. Which is probably why the military want it.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-10-25 at 09:26.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote