View Single Post
Old 2007-12-22, 19:59   Link #69
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbomb View Post
He didnt hurt the girls just once emotionally. He repeadedly hurt the girls over and over again which sometimes might makes me think, he does have some type of purpose for doing all this. It might not be intentional at first but I think he gets some type of thrill in cheating on someone...Would you want your heart to be broken twice because of how someone else acts leaving you feelings but yet never completetely commit to you? I for one, wont and cant stand such a thing and its happening as I type this to my friend, this freaking girl is playing with my friends feelings and he cant do nothing about it since he's heads over heels for her. Been trying to convince my friend what type of idiotic path he is walking down yet to no appeal. I am not saying that every person that cheats deserve to die but given the circumstances and how I view "love", you better say what you mean and not advantage of what it truly symbolize....you reap what you sew.
I wouldnt say that Sekai was in a state of insanity when she pulled off such an act but I do concede that she wasnt exactly "normal" at the time. I never played the game, I probably would have liked the same ending as the anime if the flow of the game is similar to the anime. I dont see how him being alone for the rest of his life is ENOUGH punishment for the deeds he has committed...even though it would be better to tortue and slowly kill someone than finishing them off instantly(what an oxymoron -_-).
You're basically condemning Makoto for not having a conscience. He hurts girls, he knows he hurts girls, but does it anyway. Are you saying that all drug addicts who hurt their families repeatedly for drug money deserve death? How about sociopaths for not having a conscience due to mental illness?

I can understand how your friend's situation makes you sympathetic to the girls, but he doesn't deserve death. If you want to think about it this way, the bad ends where he never has a gf and works a dead end job due to emotional scars may be a fate worse than swift death.